The primary function of the Fuel Driver is to safely deliver products, equipment and render outstanding service to our customers. There is exposure to various weather conditions, fumes and high noise levels. Compliance with all OSHA, EPA, DOT, requirements including, Company and Customer Safety Policies, procedures and practices.
Primary Responsibilities and Scope:
The duties of this job consist of: safe operation of commercial tank wagon or tractor/trailer commercial vehicle; lead responsibility for delivery of fueling services at customers site locations; conducting pre/post trip truck and trailer inspections; safely driving loaded and empty tanker trucks of various sizes, makes/models, and configurations; properly loading and unloading; handling, hooking, and unhooking hoses; operating pumps and valves for loading and unloading, both on and off the truck; safely filling tanks using various size hoses, nozzles, and fittings; safely using pipe wrenches, crescent wrenches, hammers, and other tools; accurately complete driver logs, pre and post trip forms, and other paperwork as required. Maintain professionalism through working courteously with various supervisor, dispatchers, fellow co-workers and customers.
- For Tankwagon / Bobtail Drivers – Have a minimum of two (2) years verifiable tankwagon experience and possess a valid Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) from the current state of residence along with necessary license endorsements for type of commercial vehicle to be operated.
- Tanker and Hazmat endorsements
- Be at least 23 years of age
- Be able to read and speak English well enough to communicate with the general public, understand traffic signs and signals, respond to official inquiries and maintain reports and records
- Pass a DOT medical examination as specified under CFR 49 391.43
- Have no license suspensions, revocations, or cancelations within the previous five (5) years
- Have an acceptable motor vehicle driving history, including the following items along with those listed in the Group 1 & 2 tables below:
- No more than one (1) moving violation within the past twelve (12) months
- No more than two (2) moving violations within the past three (3) years
- No convictions of driving/operating a motor vehicle while impaired or under the influence within the past seven (7) years
- No convictions for failing to report, making false statements in connection with, or leaving the scene of an accident
- No convictions of reckless driving within the past seven (7) years
- No convictions of texting or using a hand held mobile telephone while driving