5 Ways to Prep Your Orlando Home’s Heating System
With the soon to be closing of the summer season you’ll be looking to your home furnace system to keep you comfortable on those cool winter evenings. Is your heating system prepped and ready to roll, or do you need to do a bit of pre-season precautionary work? Find out now by following along with the heating specialists at Greens Energy Services of Orlando!
The Quick Guide to Perfect Home Heating
If you’re cringing at the idea of extra chores, you can relax! These take very, very little time and are essentially (nearly) free of cost:
- If you’ve got an air filter, change it. If you rely on a furnace you need to replace your air filter. Doubly so if your central cooling shares space with the furnace. A clean filter is key to higher efficiency, cleaner home air, and fewer hiccups from your system mid-season. And be sure to keep changing it every month or two!
- Clean vents, air returns, etc. Anything that moves air also moves dust, pet dander, mold spores, pollen—you get the idea. Be sure to clean your vents to improve air flow and give efficiency a boost.
- Switch your ceiling fans. While not specifically heating system related, using your ceiling fans wisely can add a lot of comfort and help keep heating costs to a minimum. Ensure the fans are turned to run clockwise and they’ll push warmed air back down into the room, helping provide more even heating.
- Do a simple visual inspection. For furnaces take a look for cracks, dents, electrical connection security, et cetera just to head off any issues before the winter chill arrives.
- Schedule service. In the end nothing beats a professional service. A pre-season tune-up can help you reduce heating costs, get better heating quality, and preserves the lifespan of your heating system. Don’t miss out on annual heating maintenance!
Easy Investments for Better Home Heating
Looking for some heating upgrades that won’t break the bank? We’ve got some fast and easy options at the ready for you! Consider these:
- Programmable thermostat installation. Programmable thermostats can be set to run on cost-saving routines, give reports on energy consumption, and can even learn your preferences and streamline home heating. They’re also very cost-efficient, and one of the easiest upgrades you can get.
- Insulation inspection and energy audits. You can have all of the heating in the world, but if your home can’t keep the heat in and cold out effectively it’s all for nothing. Beefing up home insulation is a very simple process can can pay you back for years to come.
Furnace Maintenance in Central Florida
Are you in need of heating maintenance, repair services, home insulation, or anything else HVAC or home comfort related? If so you’ve come to the right team. Greens Energy Services has been providing the best in the business for decades and we can guarantee you’ll always get top quality. Give us a call or contact us online today to learn more!