Duke Energy Rebates for Energy-Efficient Home Improvements
A home is a living entity, requiring constant attention in the form of maintenance, repairs, and upgrades over the course of its lifetime. Energy-efficient upgrades make the biggest impact on the value of your home, monthly budget, and the environment, but as if those weren’t incentive enough, Duke Energy offers a number of cash rebates to further sweeten the deal. Read on to learn how to qualify, and start saving today.
How Do I Qualify?
In order to qualify for and take advantage of the incentives offered by Duke Energy, you’ll need to start with a home energy check. This simple audit (which can be completed online, in person, or over the phone) provides you with an abundance of information and determines if you qualify for a complimentary energy-efficiency kit. The contents of the kit are designed to enhance your efforts and help you save money for years to come.
To begin the evaluation, you’ll need both the account number and PIN number from one of your Duke Energy bills and approximately 15 minutes to answer a series of questions. Information gathered from this exercise will include:
- Knowing which area(s) of your home use, and lose, the majority of energy.
- A detailed report outlining energy usage throughout your home.
- Energy-saving tips.
- Rebate information.
- Suggestions to improve your home’s energy efficiency.
**You must have Duke Energy perform an energy audit either at your home, online, or over the phone prior to receiving the rebate.
Energy-Efficient Home Improvements
Once you have your report in hand, you can begin implementing changes as time and budget allow, taking advantage of cash rebates along the way. Be sure to engage the services of Duke Energy’s pre-qualified contractors to ensure you are entitled to current rebates. Some of the most common energy-efficient home improvements with the biggest returns include:
- Attic insulation. Heat loss and gain through inadequate insulation levels can significantly impact your monthly energy bills. Upgrading attic insulation is one of the best ways to increase comfort, and decrease energy usage, with a Duke Rebate of up to $200 for qualified customers.
- Duct inspection and repair. Leaky ducts, whether due to damage or improper installation, allow conditioned air to escape before reaching your living space and contaminated air to enter. A professional duct inspection can pinpoint the location and cause of the leak(s), through visual inspection or using specialized equipment, prior to the completion of repairs. Duke Energy will pay the first $150 in repairs as an added incentive.
- Equipment upgrades. An ailing or aging heat pump provides you with a reduced level of comfort and efficiency in comparison with the high-efficiency models available today. Depending on the Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating (SEER) and Heating Season Performance Factor (HSPF) of the equipment you choose, you can expect a Duke Rebate between $200 and $800 dollars towards the purchase price.
- Window replacement. Your windows do more than just provide light and ventilation, they can also act as a source of heating and cooling for your home. In the case of older, inefficient windows however, they can have a negative impact on your home’s efficiency, and contribute to high energy bills. Installing high-performance, energy-efficient windows on east, south and west walls, can help improve comfort levels, while reducing the transmission of noise from outdoors, and reducing the effects of UV rays on fabrics and flooring. A maximum $400 rebate is currently on offer from Duke Energy, calculated at $2 a square foot, and also applies toward energy efficient improvements on existing windows.
**Greens Energy Services will complete the rebate process for you once the install is complete; however, you need to make sure the audit is completed by Duke Energy in order to receive the rebate on your monthly bill. Audit must have occurred within 24 months of applying for any rebates.
HVAC System Installation & Replacement in Central Florida
Whether you need a new air conditioner installation or heating system replacement, you can trust that the skilled specialists at Greens Energy Services will perform the job right the first time, every time. Our goal is to find you the best heating and cooling deals around, which is why we stay up to date with HVAC rebates like the one from Duke Energy.
Contact our heating and cooling specialists today to learn how Greens Energy Services can bring cooling comfort to your home in Central Florida, including Orlando!