The Secret to an Efficient Air Conditioning System
The pursuit for greater energy-efficiency is something that is extending into every aspect of modern homes. Efficient lights, efficient use of wastewater, and efficient appliances have all never been bigger! And there’s no real surprise there, since being efficient means saving the environment and saving you tons of money.
But don’t forget about your HVAC system! On average home heating and cooling accounts for more than 40-50% of all of the energy used in your home. That’s a huge number, and one that shouldn’t be neglected. So what’s the secret to greater efficiency? Well, the experts at Greens Energy Services are here to tell you.
How Your HVAC Contractor Can Make Your HVAC System Efficient
Okay, it’s not a secret. At least we try to not make it a secret! HVAC contractors are very vocal about routine air conditioning and heating maintenance, and yet many homeowners opt out. Some have never even heard of it!
So how can we classify this service as a secret weapon? Well, because a secret weapon tends to be your single shot for accomplishing your goals, and tune-ups are basically the epitome of this. You get more efficiency through:
- Minimizing grime and maximizing air flow. Clean, healthy air flow means your system delivers air quickly and effectively, enabling it to get the job done quicker. Less work, less energy used.
- Reducing component wear and work. When components are in good health and well lubricated they also assist in easing the workload, making certain your system is as streamlined as can be.
- Keeping electrical systems effective. Weak electrical connections and wiring issues can lead to short-cycling, which is hands-down one of the most expensive things your AC or furnace can start doing.
For an even bigger boost in efficiency ask a Greens technician about the benefits of a programmable Wi-Fi thermostat!
Additional Secret Weapons
Or in other words, HVAC tips that actually work. You see tons of “efficiency tips” out there that, to be honest, don’t do bunk. But these have been extensively tested and shown to work:
- Managing your thermostat. Every degree your system has to work for represents around a 10% increase in energy use. If you’re comfortable at 70, but keep the system at 68 for “good measure,” you’re missing out on some serious savings.
- Caring for vents. Vents should always stay open to keep pressure correct, and they should be uncovered and clear of dust and debris.
- Minding what’s near the thermostat. Avoid placing things that generate heat anywhere near a thermostat. Even a light bulb in the wrong place can heat up the air sufficiently to trick a thermostat, telling it that your home is far hotter than it is (and thus keeping the air on longer than necessary by a lot).
Optimize HVAC Efficiency in Orlando with Greens Energy Services
Looking to give your Florida cooling system the care it needs, or looking for ways to boost efficiency in your home? You can count on the tune-up and optimization pros at Greens to get the job done right! Just contact us online now to learn more about what you stand to save with Greens on your side.