When Should You Replace Your Air Conditioner?
On average, air conditioning units last 10-15 years. Your cooling system lasts longer when it’s properly maintained; however, eventually, your air conditioning unit will begin to age and fail.
Wondering when it’s time to replace your air conditioner? You should start thinking about it when you begin to notice your AC system working less efficiently and not cooling your home properly.
Signs It’s Time to Replace Your Air Conditioning System
Be on the lookout for the signs below and the possibility of a repair or replacement:
- You’re not getting cooled air – When you’re not getting any cool air, there’s probably something wrong with your AC. From low coolant levels to a broken compressor, any number of issues could cause this.
- The air flow is insufficient – If you’re getting some cool air throughout your home, but you’ve noticed that your AC isn’t pushing air out the way it used to, it could mean any number of things, including issues with your AC’s compressor or blocked/damaged vents.
- There’s moisture & leakage around the unit – A little condensation around your air conditioner is normal; however, excessive leakage can signify a much larger problem. If you have an issue with a refrigerant leak or notice large pools of water around your AC unit, you may have a serious issue that needs to be addressed right away.
- You hear unusual sounds coming from your unit – Do you hear loud grinding, rattling, banging, squealing, or other noises coming from your unit that just don’t seem right? Turn off your AC system and get an HVAC expert out to look at it as soon as you can. Unusual sounds often reflect a serious issue.
- Your thermostat isn’t working – Some issues with your AC system stem from your thermostat, not the main cooling unit. A broken thermostat may prevent your AC system from effectively cooling any given area in your home. You may be lucky enough to only have to replace your thermostat instead of replacing the whole AC system.
- You’ve had your AC unit for more than 10-15 years – The average AC system lasts about 10-15 years. If your system is reaching that age, you may begin to see regular issues or failure. With newer AC models focusing on energy efficiency, you may save money in the long run with an upgrade.
- Your AC unit requires frequent repairs – If you find yourself paying to have your AC system repaired repeatedly, it may be time for a replacement. Sooner or later, it’ll be more cost-effective to simply replace it.
Benefits of Replacing Your AC System
From improved indoor air quality to lower utility bills, look forward to these benefits of a new AC unit:
- Reduced energy consumption
- Lower utility bills
- Increased comfort
- Improved indoor air quality
- Better durability
Interested in these advantages of a new air conditioner? Contact Greens Energy for AC unit replacement – simply call our HVAC team at 407-917-3759 today.
Contact Greens Energy for AC Replacement Today
With cooler weather on the way, it may be the perfect time for an air conditioner replacement. Having your unit replacement in the fall is a smart option, since most HVAC contractors are less busy – and you may even receive an off-season discount!
Ready to replace your old air conditioning system and install a new, energy-efficient one? Contact our trusted HVAC contractors at Greens Energy! We look forward to helping keep your home comfortable all year long!