UVC Germicidal Lamp Installation
The Environmental Protection Agency has named poor indoor air quality (IAQ) as one of the biggest health threats in modern society. The average home is two to five times more polluted than the outdoor air. In extreme cases, indoor air can be 100 times worse! Microorganisms—including bacteria, viruses, and mold—are some of the most dangerous culprits. Installing a SolaceAir UVC lamp can help reduce the spread of germs and viruses for a healthier indoor environment.
Greens Energy Services has been installing UV germicidal lights in HVAC systems for decades, though they are more important now than ever. This is just one of many indoor air quality solutions we offer to help our Orlando customers breathe easy.
If you are concerned about IAQ, give us a call at 407-917-3759 or contact us online to learn more about UVC lamps.
What Is a UVC Lamp?
The sun emits ultraviolet (UV) rays, which are invisible to the human eye. Still, your skin can be burned by UVA and UVB rays, which is why you should wear broad-spectrum sunscreen when you spend time outside. The sun also gives off UVC rays, the most damaging form of solar radiation. Thankfully, the atmosphere filters out these rays completely, so they don’t reach the earth’s surface.
UVC light is considered germicidal because it kills viruses, bacteria, and mold after a relatively brief exposure. This well-known technology has been used as a sterilization method in healthcare and food production for decades. When installed in your HVAC system, UVC lamps improve indoor air quality.
The process is quite simple. A technician installs an ultraviolet light in your ductwork, where it runs continuously. Every time the HVAC system turns on, pollutant-filled air blows past the light. Airborne microorganisms are inactivated within seconds, rendering them harmless and incapable of reproducing until they die shortly after UVC exposure.
Benefits of SolaceAir UVC Lamps
Not all germicidal lights are created equal. SolaceAir is different from its competitors because it provides high-output UVC light, which is 3.3 times more powerful than standard lamps. This technology is so effective that hospitals and other healthcare facilities trust SolaceAir to prevent viruses and other bioaerosols from spreading throughout the building.
Install a SolaceAir UVC lamp in your HVAC system to enjoy these benefits:
- Cleaner indoor air: UV light technology safely disinfects your air 24 hours a day without introducing chemicals or sprays into the environment. Unlike some air purifiers, UVC lamps also don’t generate ozone, a known lung irritant that can be harmful to sensitive individuals.
- Reduced likelihood of getting sick: When combined with personal hygiene practices, high-output UVC lamps can reduce the chance of contracting viral and bacterial infections.
- Protection for your HVAC system: Mold, fungi, and germs can contaminate your heating and cooling equipment. Keep performance at its peak with a UVC light working 24/7.
- Easy installation: Because eye and skin irritation can occur when exposed to UVC light, it’s best to leave the installation to a professional. The Greens Energy team has years of experience with this technology and can complete the setup quickly and efficiently.
- Long life span: SolaceAir UVC lamps come with a lifetime warranty on the electronic components and a two-year warranty on the UV light bulbs.
Contact Greens Energy for UVC Lamp Installation in the Orlando Area
Your Florida neighbors have trusted Greens Energy for IAQ services since 1953. Take advantage of our expertise, and we’ll help you breathe easier than ever before. We install UVC lights in homes and businesses throughout the Orlando area. Your satisfaction with our services is guaranteed, so feel free to contact us with confidence!
Call Greens Energy at 407-917-3759 or make an appointment online for UVC lamp installation today.